I absolutely love these cookies. They contain no oil, no sugar and are gluten-free. They are also delicious and are an amazing source of omega-3 fatty acids!
Makes 3 dozen small cookies.
2 cups (500 ml) pitted dates (loosely packed)
3/4 cup (185 ml) water
1/4 cup tahini or almond butter
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
2 cups walnuts, finely chopped (or coarsley ground in blender
1 cup rolled oats, ground into flour
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
- Cook dates in water. Mash.
- Put dates in a large bowl and stir in vanilla, ground flaxseed, tahini and salt.
- Add nuts and ground oats.
- Stir until mixed.
- Drop by teaspoon onto cookie sheets (line with silicon cookie sheets or lightly oil pans) and press down with fork. (use water to keep fork from sticking to cookies). Top with a pecan half if you like or decorate as desired.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until browned.